Why You Need the APICS Certified Supply
The APICS CSCP program helps you demonstrate your knowledge and organizational skills for developing more streamlined operations.
The APICS CSCP designation
- is the most widely recognized educational program for operations and supply chain management professionals around the globe
- is a designation that is sought by thousands of employers and recruiters
- provides you with a mastery of supply chain management best practices and distinguishes you as an industry expert with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills
- helps you earn, on average, 11 percent more than noncertified supply chain professionals, according to the APICS Operations Management Employment Outlook (Fourth quarter, 2010).
APICS CSCP education is essential if you are
- interested in increasing your knowledge and expertise in the field of global supply chain management, specifically in the areas of customer relations, international trade, information technology enablement, and physical logistics
- consulting or facilitating supply chain functions or working with ERP systems
- creating a common standard of understanding, vocabulary, resources, and frameworks within your company to address your supply chain challenges and opportunities.
An APICS CSCP designation will help you:
- master the necessary tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities, including suppliers, plans, distributors, and customers around the globe
- acquire the skills you need to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate communication
- understand how to use enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems and other technologies to improve the entire supply chain process
- maximize your organization’s ERP investments by millions of dollars
- increase your professional value and secure your future.
The new APICS CSCP exam consists of three important modules. The 2012 exam reflects critical changes in the marketplace and in the evolving roles and responsibilities of operations and supply chain managers. For accreditation, you must master each of the following:
APICS Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Broad concepts include primary processes, objectives, logistics, integration methods, and rewards
- Alignment of supply chain with corporate strategies
- Key considerations for planning, inventory control, and continued improvement
- Identification and management of market segments
- Demand forecasting and effective management techniques
- Effective customer relationship management (CRM)
Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance
- Sustainability practices in design and operation
- Measurement, responsiveness, operations, and communications
- Risk, its sources, impacts, and mitigation methods
- Globally dispersed supply and demand, and the effects on logistics
- Factors influencing demand, including design, marketing, selling, and matching customer orders
- Core Customer Relationship Management (CRM) concepts, including strategies, technologies, and implementation challenges
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM), including strategies, improved source management, relevant technologies, and measurement
- Inventory planning and control methods
Implementation and Operations
- Supply chain dynamics and the balance of responsiveness and efficiency
- Managing supply from internal and external sources
- Implementation of demand plans, including prioritization, fulfillment, and capturing and communicating point-of-sale data
- Tools and techniques to support continuous improvement
The APICS CSCP Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and exam preparation program consisting of three print modules and web-based study tools that reflect the entire APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual (ECM) and provide you with a broad view of global, end-to-end supply chain management.
The 2012 APICS CSCP Learning System
- is enhanced to support the recent structural and content changes within APICS CSCP exam
- will further empower you with an understanding of best practices, techniques, and technologies necessary to maximize your organization’s efficiency and impact the bottom line
- is offered in three learning options—self-directed, instructor-led, or corporate group (Instructor-led courses are offered through the APICS network of local channel partners, colleges and universities, and corporations).
To earn your APICS CSCP designation, you must pass one comprehensive exam. Prior to taking the exam, you must be eligible. Eligibility applications must be received two weeks prior to the day you register for computer-based testing (CBT) exams, and in advance of the eligibility deadline for paper and pencil exams.Submitting your eligibility application is free and easy. Complete your eligibility application for the APICS CSCP exam now.
You will receive notification of your eligibility status via email within two weeks of the date APICS received your application.
APICS offers testing opportunities for APICS CSCP exams across the globe.
- Testing in North American (United States, Canada, and Mexico)
Click here for information on exam dates, locations, and registration fees within the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Testing outside North America
Click here for the information on exam dates, to find an exam location, and learn more about registration fees outside North America.
This is your summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- You must earn a total of 75 maintenance points and apply for maintenance every 5 years.
- Professional development points may be earned in the following areas:
- Continuing education
- Presentations, publications, and educational development
- Service to the operations management profession
- Professional membership
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit more professional development points in order for your certification to be reinstated. (15 additional points per year are required for APICS CSCP designation.)
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exam.
Price per module: Professional Members $1,450.00 NonMembers: $1,650.00 Student Members: $725