Why You Need to Earn the
The APICS CPIM program provides you with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company’s global operations.
The APICS CPIM program benefits designees worldwide
- APICS CPIM is preferred by thousands of employers worldwide.
- More than 95,000 professionals since 1973 have earned the APICS CPIM designation.
- APICS CPIM helps you master essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to
- demand management
- procurement management
- supplier planning
- material requirements planning
- capacity planning
- sales and operations planning
- master scheduling
- performance measurements
- supplier relationships
- quality control
- continuous improvement.
APICS CPIM education is essential if you are involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
An APICS CPIM designation will help you:
- increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- maximize ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization
- master the tools you need to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- gain knowledge to apply principles ERP software to cover various critical functions within your organization
- earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- enhance your credibility within your organization
- create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate-wide communication.
APICS CPIM exams:
To achieve certification, you must pass all of the following exams:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
How you can prepare for your exams.
- Provides an in-depth review of certification topics including essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, master scheduling, quality control, and continual improvement.
- Teaches proven techniques for increasing efficiencies and improving your company’s bottom line.
APICS offers testing opportunities for APICS CPIM exams across the globe
- Testing in North American (United States, Canada, and Mexico)
Click here for information on exam dates, locations, and registration fees within the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Testing outside North America
Click here for the APICS International Partner Finder which contains information on exam dates, locations, and registration fees outside North America.
If you are in the process of earning your APICS CPIM designation and have taken one or more APICS CPIM exams, you can use the APICS CPIM Exam Progress tool to identify which exams you need to take to successfully complete your APICS CPIM designation.
Important note: APICS CPIM exam scores are valid for 10 years from the date of the exam. You must complete all five APICS CPIM exams within 10 years of taking your first APICS CPIM exam.
Summary of certification maintenance requirements:
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years.
- If you fail to maintain your certification within 5 years, your credentials will be suspended.
- With each additional year of suspension you will be required to submit 15 additional points for APICS CPIM and 20 additional points for APICS CFPIM per year over the core 75 or 100 points for each year past your certification maintenance deadline to reinstate your credential.
- If you do not maintain within 5 years of suspended credentials, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exams.
Price per module: Professional Members $425, NonMembers: $625, Student Members: $213